File Code: Transportation - Highways
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 257/11 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1022
- Sponsored By:
Senators Stone, Forehand, Jacobs, Klausmeier, and Simonaire
Vehicle Laws - Accidents Resulting in Death - Appearance in Court for Traffic
Requiring a person who receives a traffic citation with a notice to
appear in person for a violation that contributed to an accident that
resulted in the death of another to comply with the notice to appear
in court contained in a writ or trial notice issued by the District
Court or a circuit court by appearing in person.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Traffic Regulation
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 14, 2012: Third Reading Passed (46-0)