File Code: State Government - General Assembly
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 648/11 - HRU
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Hucker, Arora, Mitchell, Ross, and Stukes
General Assembly - Members - Age of Eligibility for Service
Amending the Maryland Constitution to lower to 18 the age at which a
person may serve as a Senator or Delegate in the General Assembly; and
submitting the amendment to the qualified voters of the State for
their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Hearing 3/12 at 2:30 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Tom Hucker, District 20
- Delegate Sam Arora, District 19
- Delegate Keiffer J. Mitchell, Jr., District 44
- Delegate Justin D. Ross, District 22
- Delegate Melvin L. Stukes, District 44
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Public Officials -see also- Atty Gen; Compt; Coun Admin; etc
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - III - Legislative Department
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: