File Code: Courts and Court Personnel - Statewide
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Norman, Eckardt, Elliott, Frank, Kipke, McComas, McDermott, W.
Miller, and Stocksdale
Courts - Foreign Language Interpreters - Assessment of Costs
Requiring a court to conduct a specified assessment if a party in a
case was appointed a foreign language interpreter; establishing an
exception to the requirement if a criminal defendant who was appointed
a foreign language interpreter was represented by the Office of the
Public Defender; exempting a party who meets specified thresholds from
being assessed the costs of a foreign language interpreter; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate H. Wayne Norman, Jr., District 35A
- Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B
- Delegate Donald B. Elliott, District 4B
- Delegate William J. Frank, District 42
- Delegate Nicholaus R. Kipke, District 31
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Michael A. McDermott, District 38B
- Delegate Warren E. Miller, District 9A
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Fees -see also- Attys' Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :