File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Stocksdale, DeBoy, Frank, George, McComas, McDonough, Myers, B.
Robinson, and Wood
Drunk and Drugged Driving - Death or Life-Threatening Injury - Mandatory Tests
Requiring a police officer to direct a person to submit to specified
tests if the person is involved in a motor vehicle accident that
results in the death of, or a life-threatening injury to, another
person and the police officer has reasonable grounds to believe that
the person has been driving or attempting to drive in violation of
specified alcohol- or drug-related driving prohibitions.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
- Delegate Steven J. DeBoy, Sr., District 12A
- Delegate William J. Frank, District 42
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
- Delegate LeRoy E. Myers, Jr., District 1C
- Delegate Barbara Robinson, District 40
- Delegate John F. Wood, Jr., District 29A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Chemical Tests
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Drunk and Drugged Driving
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :