File Code: Insurance - Other than Health
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 82
- Sponsored By:
Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund - Claims for Bodily Injury or Death -
Increasing from $20,000 to $30,000 the maximum amount payable from the
Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund for specified claims on account of
injury to or death of one individual arising from a motor vehicle
accident; increasing from $40,000 to $60,000 the maximum amount
payable from the Fund for specified claims on account of injury to or
death of more than one individual arising from a motor vehicle
accident; providing for the allocation of penalties among specified
funds on or after a specified date; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 2/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (113-23)
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 4/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Finance
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund
- Motor Vehicle Insurance -see also- MD Auto Insurance Fund
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Economic Matters
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 22, 2012: Third Reading Passed (113-23)