File Code: Vehicle Laws - Licensing and Registration
- Sponsored By:
Senators Forehand, Frosh, Manno, Ramirez, and Stone
Vehicle Laws - Title and Registration - Transfer to Surviving Spouse
Establishing that when the interest in a vehicle of one joint owner
passes to another joint owner who is the surviving spouse, the
surviving spouse is not required to apply for a new certificate of
title or submit a specified certificate of title to the Motor Vehicle
Administration until a specified time; authorizing a surviving spouse
to drive a vehicle and allow the vehicle to be driven on a highway
until a specified time without applying for a registration; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Brian E. Frosh, District 16
- Senator Roger P. Manno, District 19
- Senator Victor R. Ramirez, District 47
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Fees -see also- Attys' Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- Motor Vehicle Registration
Bill affects the following Statutes:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 14, 2012: Third Reading Passed (46-0)