File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 612
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Dumais, Bobo, Lee, A. Miller, Valentino-Smith, and Waldstreicher
Criminal Law - First Degree Assault - Strangulation
Prohibiting a person from committing an assault by applying pressure
on the throat or neck of another person in a specified manner; and
establishing that a person who violates the Act is guilty of the
felony of assault in the first degree and on conviction is subject to
a specified penalty.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Elizabeth Bobo, District 12B
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Aruna Miller, District 15
- Delegate Geraldine Valentino-Smith, District 23A
- Delegate Jeff Waldstreicher, District 18
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: