File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 878/11 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Stukes, Anderson, Conaway, Glenn, Harrison, Howard, A. Miller, B.
Robinson, and Walker
Criminal Procedure - Explanation of Expungement Provisions Relating to Proposed
Disposition of Charge
Altering a provision of law relating to the expungement of criminal
records so as to require a court, before disposing of a charge against
a defendant, to provide a detailed explanation to the defendant of
specified expungement provisions; and requiring the court, after
providing the explanation, to give the defendant the opportunity to
reject a disposition of probation before judgment, nolle prosequi,
plea of guilty, or stet.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Melvin L. Stukes, District 44
- Delegate Curt Anderson, District 43
- Delegate Frank M. Conaway, Jr., District 40
- Delegate Cheryl D. Glenn, District 45
- Delegate Hattie N. Harrison, District 45
- Delegate Carolyn J. B. Howard, District 24
- Delegate Aruna Miller, District 15
- Delegate Barbara Robinson, District 40
- Delegate Jay Walker, District 26
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :