File Code: State Government - General Assembly
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 712/10 - B&T
- Sponsored By:
Senators Pipkin, Brinkley, Colburn, Getty, Glassman, Jacobs, Kittleman,
Reilly, Shank, and Simonaire
Maryland Taxpayer Protection Act
Proposing an amendment to the Maryland Constitution to require the
approval of three-fifths of the members elected to each House of the
General Assembly to pass legislation to increase the rate of an
existing tax or to impose a tax on an individual or entity not subject
to the tax at the time of consideration of the legislation; and
submitting this amendment to the qualified voters of the State for
their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:15 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator E. J. Pipkin, District 36
- Senator David R. Brinkley, District 4
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Joseph M. Getty, District 5
- Senator Barry Glassman, District 35
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Edward R. Reilly, District 33
- Senator Christopher B. Shank, District 2
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Legislation -see also- Corrective Leg; Curative Leg
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - III Legislative Department
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: