File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 853
- Sponsored By:
Senators Forehand, Manno, Madaleno, and Montgomery
Tobacco Tax - Rates and Distribution of Revenues
Increasing the tobacco tax rate on cigarettes and other tobacco
products; providing that the Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
Program shall receive funding from the Other Tobacco Products Tax Fund
under specified circumstances; requiring money from the Fund to be
used to supplement appropriations to the Tobacco Use Prevention and
Cessation Program to reach a specified level of funding; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Budget and Taxation
- No Action
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Senator Roger P. Manno, District 19
- Senator Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Cigarettes -see also- Smoking
- Commerce and Business -see also- Dealers; Elec. Comm.; etc
- Health -see also- Mental Health
- Medical Assistance
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Smoking -see also- Cigarettes
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Tax - General
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Budget and Taxation