File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 783/10 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1316
- Sponsored By:
Senators Raskin and Forehand
Financial Crimes - Seizure and Forfeiture of Property
Establishing seizure and forfeiture procedures for property obtained
through or used in connection with specified financial crimes;
establishing conditions that would exclude specified property from
forfeiture; establishing how specified property subject to forfeiture
may be seized, with exceptions; establishing circumstances that must
be considered when determining whether to seize property; establishing
a deadline for filing a complaint seeking forfeiture; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Bonds -see also- County & Baltimore City Bonds; State Bonds.
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Fraud -see also- Forgery
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Personal Property
- Real Property
- Search and Seizure
- Theft -see also- Shoplifting
- Victims -see also- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 11, 2011: Third Reading Passed (45-0)