File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Sophocleus, Barkley, and Kipke
Criminal Law - Felony Child Abuse in the First Degree
Establishing that it is a felony in the first degree for a specified
family member or household member to cause abuse resulting in the
death of a minor, or to cause severe physical injury to the minor.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (140-0)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Nicholaus R. Kipke, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Domestic Violence -see also- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
- Number: 342816/01 Offered on: March 15, 2011 at:
10:35 a.m. Status: Adopted
Committee Votes :
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 17, 2011: Third Reading Passed (140-0)