File Code: Utility Regulation
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 648
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Summers, Cullison, Feldman, Ivey, Luedtke, A. Miller, and S.
Renewable Energy Surcharge - Retail Electric Customers
Establishing a specified renewable energy surcharge on electricity
consumption by retail electric customers; requiring the Public Service
Commission to establish the amounts of the surcharge and a specified
rebate; requiring electric companies to collect the surcharge and
provide a specified rebate; requiring the Comptroller to collect the
revenue from the surcharge and place it in the Maryland Strategic
Energy Investment Fund for specified purposes; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Michael G. Summers, District 47
- Delegate Bonnie Cullison, District 19
- Delegate Brian J. Feldman, District 15
- Delegate Jolene Ivey, District 47
- Delegate Eric G. Luedtke, District 14
- Delegate Aruna Miller, District 15
- Delegate Shane Robinson, District 39
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Conservation -see also- Soil Conservation
- Energy Matters -see also- Alt Energy Res; Fuel; Power Plants
- Fees -see also- Attys' Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
- Loans -see also- Mortgages
- Public Information
- Public Service Commission
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Rules and Regulations
- Utilities -see also- High Voltage Lines; Telephones; Water
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Public Utilities
- State Government
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Economic Matters