File Code: Primary and Secondary Education
- Sponsored By:
Senators Brinkley, Colburn, Simonaire, and Stone
County Boards of Education - Alien Students
Requiring each county board of education, on or before March 1 of each
year, to make a good faith effort to provide the governing body of the
county with the total number of students enrolled in the public
school system of the county whose presence in the United States cannot
be reasonably documented; and prohibiting a county board from
associating a student's race, appearance, language, or name with
citizenship or immigration status.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 2/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- No Action
- Senator David R. Brinkley, District 4
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Aliens and Citizenship
- Education, Boards of
- Local Government Mandates
- Public Schools
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs