File Code: State Pensions and Retirement
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1088
- Sponsored By:
Senator Jones-Rodwell (Chair, Joint Committee on Pensions)
Audit Responsibilities - State Department of Education, Maryland Higher
Education Commission, and State Retirement Agency
Requiring the county boards of education to conduct specified audits
under specified circumstances; requiring local school systems to
reimburse the State for employer contributions for specified employees
participating in the Teachers' Retirement System or the Teachers'
Pension System; providing that the State Department of Education may
authorize specified county boards of education and public libraries to
conduct specified audits; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 2/10 at 8:00 a.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/10 at 11:00 a.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/24 at 8:00 a.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Budget and Taxation
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Returned Passed
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 3/29 at 2:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Appropriations
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (139-0)
Action after passage in Senate and House
- Approved by the Governor
- - Chapter 452
- Senator Verna L. Jones-Rodwell, District 44
- Pensions, Joint Committee on
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Administrative Agencies -see also- Electronic Government
- Auditors and Audits
- Community Colleges
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Education, Boards of
- Education, State Department of
- Higher Education Commission
- Libraries -see also- Archives
- Public Employees -see also- State Employees
- Public Schools
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Retirement Systems -see also- Mandatory Retirement
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Personnel and Pensions
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled, Chapter
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
- Number: 819832/01 Offered on: March 17, 2011 at:
10:33 a.m. Status: Adopted
Committee Votes :
- Budget and Taxation
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 21, 2011: Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- March 31, 2011: Third Reading Passed (139-0)