File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 359
- Sponsored By:
Senators Shank, Getty, Klausmeier, Simonaire, and Stone
Criminal Law - Selling a Controlled Dangerous Substance to a Minor - Causing
Prohibiting a person 18 years of age or older from selling to a minor
a controlled dangerous substance, the use or ingestion of which
directly causes the death of the minor; establishing a penalty for a
violation of the Act; providing that a sentence imposed under the Act
shall be separate from and consecutive to or concurrent with a
sentence for any crime based on the act establishing a violation of
the Act; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Christopher B. Shank, District 2
- Senator Joseph M. Getty, District 5
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Controlled Dangerous Substances -see also- Drugs; Subst Abus
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: