File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Chair, Health and Government Operations Committee (By Request -
Departmental - Public Safety and Correctional Services)
Public Safety - 9-1-1 Emergency Telephone Systems - Prepaid Service -
Collection of Surcharge
Establishing a prepaid wireless E 9-1-1 fee of 60 cents per retail
transaction; providing for the collection of the E 9-1-1 fee;
establishing conditions for whether a retail transaction has occurred
in the State; providing that the E 9-1-1 fee is the liability of the
consumer; authorizing a seller to deduct 2% of E 9-1-1 fees collected
under the Act; requiring sellers to remit collected E 9-1-1 fees to
the Comptroller; requiring the Comptroller to deposit the E 9-1-1 fees
into the 9-1-1 Trust Fund within 30 days of receipt; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 3/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Health and Government Operations
- No Action
- Health and Government Operations Committee, Chair
- Public Safety and Correctional Services, Department of
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Commerce and Business -see also- Dealers; Elec. Comm.; etc
- Fees -see also- Attys' Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Rules and Regulations
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Public Safety
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Health and Government Operations