File Code: Elections
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Frush, Barnes, and Pena-Melnyk
Election Law - Recall Elections - Felony Indictment or Conviction
Adding a new article to the Maryland Constitution requiring the
General Assembly to pass laws necessary to establish standards and
procedures for recall elections for the Governor, Lieutenant Governor,
Attorney General, and Comptroller, and elected and appointed members
of the General Assembly, if any of these State officials have been
indicted for or convicted of a felony; and submitting this amendment
to the qualified voters of the State for their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Barbara Frush, District 21
- Delegate Ben Barnes, District 21
- Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk, District 21
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorney General
- Constitutional Amendments
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Elections -see also- Ballots; Camp Financ; Pol Cands; Voting
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Lieutenant Governor
- Public Officials -see also- Atty Gen; Compt; Coun Admin; etc
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - XVII-A Recall Elections
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Environmental Matters