File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 396
- Sponsored By:
Delegates McComas, Afzali, Alston, Barkley, Boteler, Cluster, George,
Glass, Impallaria, McDonough, W. Miller, Ready, B. Robinson, and Simmons
Crimes - Manslaughter by Vehicle - Definition of "Operating"
Establishing that for purposes of a specified provision of law stating
the elements of the felony of manslaughter by vehicle, "operating"
includes specified actions involving loading, unloading, or securing a
load on a vehicle and specified actions required by law of a person
driving, operating, or controlling a vehicle; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Kathy Afzali, District 4A
- Delegate Tiffany T. Alston, District 24
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
- Delegate John W. E. Cluster, Jr., District 8
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate Glen Glass, District 34A
- Delegate Rick Impallaria, District 7
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
- Delegate Warren E. Miller, District 9A
- Delegate Justin Ready, District 5A
- Delegate Barbara Robinson, District 40
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Equipment -see also- Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Operation
- Negligence -see also- Medical Malpractice
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :