File Code: Higher Education
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 677
- Sponsored By:
Higher Education - Nonpublic Institutions of Higher Education - Free Speech
Prohibiting nonpublic institutions of higher education from making or
enforcing rules subjecting students at the institution to disciplinary
sanctions on the basis of conduct that is speech or other
communication, as specified; authorizing a student to bring a civil
enforcement action for relief in court, as specified; authorizing the
court to award attorney's fees to a prevailing plaintiff under
specified circumstances; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Education Health and Environmental Affairs Withdrawn
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorneys` Fees
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Human Rights
- Rules and Regulations
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs