File Code: Commercial Law - Credit Regulation
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 79
- Sponsored By:
Senators Della, Forehand, Lenett, Pinsky, and Raskin
Commercial Law - Credit Services Businesses - Limitation on Fees
Prohibiting a credit services business, its employees, and independent
contractors who sell or attempt to sell the services of a credit
services business from charging or receiving any money or other
valuable consideration in connection with an extension of credit that,
when combined with any interest charged on the extension of credit,
would exceed a specified interest rate.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Finance
- Special Order 3/22 (Senator Conway) Adopted
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 4/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator George W. Della, Jr., District 46
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Mike Lenett, District 19
- Senator Paul G. Pinsky, District 22
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Consumer Protection -see also- Unfair Trade Practices
- Fees -see also- Attys` Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2010: Third Reading Passed (47-0)