File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 454/08 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Haines, Harris, Munson, and Stoltzfus
Vehicle Laws - Emergency and Police Vehicle and Personnel Protection Act
Requiring drivers approaching emergency or police vehicles stopped,
standing, or parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except
when otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane
closest to the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances and to slow to a speed that is sufficient to ensure the
safety of police officers or emergency services personnel in the
vicinity of the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances; establishing a penalty; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings Withdrawn
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
- Senator J. Lowell Stoltzfus, District 38
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Operation
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Rescue Squads -see also- Ambulances; Emergency Medical Serv.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Regulation
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings