File Code: Courts and Court Personnel - Statewide
- Sponsored By:
Public General Laws - Terminology - Substitution for "Mentally Defective"
Repealing the term "mentally defective individual" from the Public
General Laws of Maryland and substituting the term "individual with a
cognitive disability, intellectual disability, or mental illness".
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Health and Government Operations Withdrawn
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Annotated Code of Maryland
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Correctional Services
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Public Safety
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Health and Government Operations