File Code: Counties - Local Laws
- Sponsored By:
Montgomery County Delegation
Montgomery County - Tenant Credit Check Restriction Act
Authorizing the owner or landlord of rental housing to conduct a
credit check of a tenant applicant who qualifies under the federal
Housing Choice Voucher Program for a 100% monthly housing assistance
payment from the Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery
County; and prohibiting an owner or landlord of rental housing from
rejecting a tenant applicant on specified grounds.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Environmental Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (130-9)
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 4/6 at 1:00 p.m.
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Housing -see also- Apartments; Condominiums; Mobile Homes
- Landlord and Tenant -see also- Eviction; Leases & Rent; etc.
- Leases and Rent
- Montgomery County
- Social Services -see also- Welfare
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Housing and Community Development
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
- Number: 560115/01 Offered on: March 25, 2010 at:
10:40 a.m. Status: Adopted
Committee Votes :
- Environmental Matters
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2010: Third Reading Passed (130-9)