File Code: Public Safety
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 645
- Sponsored By:
Firearm Safety Act of 2010
Authorizing an investigative or law enforcement officer acting in a
criminal investigation to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic
communication in order to provide evidence of the commission of
specified offenses relating to the sale, rental, purchase, or transfer
of a regulated firearm under specified circumstances; prohibiting a
person who has previously been convicted of specified crimes from
possessing a firearm; requiring a valid Maryland handgun purchase
permit for the purchase or receipt of a regulation firearm; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Appeals -see also- Judicial Review
- Commerce and Business -see also- Dealers; Elec. Comm.; etc
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Criminal Background Investigations
- Dealers -see also- Motor Vehicle Dealers and Salesmen
- Drunk and Drugged Driving
- Education -see also- Driver Ed; Higher Ed; Special Ed; etc
- Fees -see also- Attys` Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
- Inspections -see also- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Licenses -see also- Alcoholic Bev Lic; Drivers` Licenses
- Parole and Probation
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Rules and Regulations
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- State Police, Department of
- Theft -see also- Shoplifting
- Weapons -see also- Guns
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Public Safety
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :