File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 97/09 - JUD
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 870
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Simmons, Bronrott, DeBoy, Krebs, Montgomery, Riley, and Smigiel
Criminal Law - Manslaughter by Vehicle or Vessel - Criminal Negligence
Making it a misdemeanor for a person to cause the death of another as
a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling a vehicle
or vessel in a criminally negligent manner; establishing the
circumstances under which a person is considered to act in a
criminally negligent manner for purposes of the Act; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate Steven J. DeBoy, Sr., District 12A
- Delegate Susan W. Krebs, District 9B
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate B. Daniel Riley, District 34A
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Boats and Ships
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Operation
- Negligence -see also- Medical Malpractice
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: