File Code: Estates and Trusts
- Sponsored By:
Orphans' Court Judges - Qualifications
Proposing an amendment to the Maryland Constitution to authorize the
legislature to prescribe additional qualifications for Orphans' Court
judges in a county or Baltimore City; prohibiting the qualifications
from being more stringent than the qualifications required for
specified other judges; excepting Montgomery and Harford counties; and
submitting the amendment to the qualified voters of the State for
their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Orphans` Court
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - IV Judiciary Department
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :