File Code: Higher Education
- Sponsored By:
Senators Pugh, Currie, and Glassman
Higher Education - Death of Police Officer or Firefighter - Edward T. Conroy
Memorial Scholarship Program
Waiving the tuition for any child of a police officer or firefighter
killed in the line of duty in the State; requiring the Governor to
provide in the annual budget a specified amount for the Edward T.
Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program under specified circumstances;
requiring postsecondary institutions to allow specified students, upon
acceptance, after meeting enrollment requirements, to enroll in
specified programs and attend classes for credit; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Catherine E. Pugh, District 40
- Senator Ulysses Currie, District 25
- Senator Barry Glassman, District 35
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Correctional Officers
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Fire Protection
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Rescue Squads -see also- Ambulances; Emergency Medical Serv.
- Scholarships and Student Financial Aid
- State Universities and Colleges
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: