File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 598/09 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Senators Stone, Della, Jacobs, Klausmeier, McFadden, Mooney, Pinsky, and
Vehicle Laws - Accidents Resulting in Death - Appearance in Court for Traffic
Requiring a person who receives a traffic citation for a violation
that contributed to an accident that resulted in the death of another
to comply with the notice to appear in court contained in the citation
by appearance in person.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
- Senator George W. Della, Jr., District 46
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Paul G. Pinsky, District 22
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Traffic Regulation
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 5, 2010: Third Reading Passed (47-0)