File Code: Vehicle Laws - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Senators Forehand, King, and Madaleno
Vehicle Laws - Disposition of Traffic Citations
Requiring persons who receive traffic citations for offenses that are
not punishable by incarceration to, within 30 days, waive the right to
trial and pay the fine, request a specified hearing, or elect to stand
trial; altering the traffic citations for which the District Court or
a circuit court are required to issue a notice to appear; authorizing
the District Court to notify the Motor Vehicle Administration of the
failure of a person to comply with a citation; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings Withdrawn
- No Action
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Nancy J. King, District 39
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Bonds -see also- County & Baltimore City Bonds; State Bonds.
- Circuit Courts
- District Courts
- Drivers` Licenses
- Fines -see also- Penalties
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- Traffic Regulation
Bill affects the following Statutes:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Not available at this time
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings