File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Senators Simonaire, Haines, Jacobs, Kittleman, Reilly, Stoltzfus, and Stone
Victims' Rights - Fatal Vehicular Accident - Suspension of License
Authorizing a victim's representative to be present and to provide an
oral or written statement at an administrative hearing concerning a
fatal vehicular accident; requiring a specified notice to a victim's
representative under specified circumstances; authorizing the Motor
Vehicle Administration to suspend for up 180 days the license of a
person who is convicted of a moving violation that contributed to an
accident that resulted in the death; providing that a licensee may
request a hearing on a suspension; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Senate Concur - House Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- Passed Enrolled
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed with Amendments (141-0)
Action after passage in Senate and House
- Approved by the Governor
- - Chapter 522
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Edward R. Reilly, District 33
- Senator J. Lowell Stoltzfus, District 38
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Drivers` Licenses
- Fines -see also- Penalties
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- Motor Vehicle Operation
- Negligence -see also- Medical Malpractice
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Victims -see also- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Bill affects the following Statutes:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled, Chapter
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
- Number: 852816/01 Offered on: April 10, 2010 at:
5:57 p.m. Status: Adopted
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 11, 2010: Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- April 9, 2010: Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- April 5, 2010: Third Reading Passed (141-0)