File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 194/09 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1133
- Sponsored By:
Senators Kelley, Forehand, Jacobs, and Stone
Criminal Law - Electronic Harassment of a Minor
Prohibiting a person from making a specified electronic communication
with the intent to terrify, intimidate, or harass a minor, or threaten
to inflict injury or physical harm to a minor or property of the
minor; providing that a violation of the Act is a misdemeanor;
establishing penalties; and providing that the Act may not be
construed to have any effect on the lawfulness of specified policies
of electronic mail service providers.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Delores G. Kelley, District 10
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Computers -see also- Electronic Commerce; Electronic Govmnt.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note: