File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 989/09 - ENV
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Conaway and Anderson
Vehicle Laws - Emergency and Police Vehicle and Personnel Protection Act
Requiring drivers approaching emergency or police vehicles stopped,
standing, or parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except
when otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane
closest to the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances or to slow to a speed that is sufficient to ensure the
safety of police officers or emergency services personnel in the
vicinity of the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances; establishing a penalty; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Frank M. Conaway, Jr., District 40
- Delegate Curt Anderson, District 43
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Rescue Squads -see also- Ambulances; Emergency Medical Serv.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Regulation
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Environmental Matters