File Code: State Government - General Assembly
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 889/09 - HRU
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 16
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Haddaway, Eckardt, and Smigiel
Legislative Districting - Resident Delegates by County
Amending the Maryland Constitution to provide that legislative
districting shall, to the greatest extent practicable, result in a
resident delegate from every county; and submitting the amendment to
the qualified voters of the State for their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Hearing 3/8 at 2:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by House Rules and Executive Nominations
- No Action
- Delegate Jeannie Haddaway, District 37B
- Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - III Legislative Department
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Rules and Executive Nominations