File Code: Family Law
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 615/08 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 901
- Sponsored By:
Senators Raskin, Forehand, and Stone
Domestic Violence - Cruelty Toward a Pet or Service Animal
Authorizing a District Court Commissioner, in an interim protective
order, or a judge, in a temporary or final protective order, to order
a respondent to remain away from, refrain from cruelty or aggravated
cruelty toward, or give to a specified person a pet or service animal
under specified circumstances; specifying penalties for failure to
comply with relief ordered in a protective order; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (43-3)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Animals -see also- Birds; Turtles
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- District Courts
- Domestic Violence -see also- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Protection Orders
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 27, 2009: Third Reading Passed (43-3)