File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 157
- Sponsored By:
Senators Greenip, Astle, Brinkley, Colburn, Edwards, Glassman, Haines,
Harris, Jacobs, Kittleman, Mooney, Pipkin, Simonaire, and Stoltzfus
Maryland Death Taxes - Family Property Protection Act
Repealing a specified limit on the unified credit used for determining
the Maryland estate tax; repealing a requirement that the Maryland
estate tax be determined without regard to a specified deduction
allowed under the federal estate tax; and applying the Act to
decedents dying after December 31, 2008.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator David R. Brinkley, District 4
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator George C. Edwards, District 1
- Senator Barry Glassman, District 35
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator E. J. Pipkin, District 36
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator J. Lowell Stoltzfus, District 38
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Estates and Trusts
- Federal Government
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Tax Credits -see also- Circuit Breaker
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):