File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 767
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Colburn, Harris, Kittleman, Mooney, and Stone
Criminal Law - Sexual Offense in the Second Degree - Penalties
Increasing the mandatory minimum penalty for a person convicted of a
sexual offense in the second degree under specified circumstances;
prohibiting a court from suspending any part of the mandatory minimum
sentence; and requiring the State to notify a specified person in
writing of the State's intention to seek a specified sentence.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Sexual Offenses
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):