File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 152/08 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Corrections - First Degree Murder - Minimum Sentence
Requiring that a person convicted of murder in the first degree serve
a minimum term of 25 years before being eligible for parole
consideration; prohibiting the deduction in advance from a term of
confinement of an inmate if the inmate has been convicted of murder in
the first degree until the inmate has served a minimum term of 25
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/18 at 12:30 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Parole and Probation
- Prisoners -see also- Ex-Offenders
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Correctional Services
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):