File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 495
- Sponsored By:
Senators Gladden, Della, Madaleno, and Stone
Criminal Law - Crimes Relating to Animals - Limitations on Possession of
Prohibiting a person from owning, possessing, controlling, or
otherwise having custody of more than 50 breeding dogs over the age of
4 months at any time; establishing enclosure size and exercise
requirements to be met by a person owning, possessing, controlling, or
otherwise having custody of more than 10 breeding dogs over the age of
4 months; establishing a penalty for a violation of the Act; and
exempting specified facilities from the requirements of the Act.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/18 at 12:30 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings Withdrawn
- No Action
- Senator Lisa A. Gladden, District 41
- Senator George W. Della, Jr., District 46
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Animals -see also- Birds; Turtles
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):