File Code: Transportation - Generally
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 966
- Sponsored By:
Senators Lenett, Harrington, Jones, Madaleno, McFadden, Muse, Raskin, and
Vehicle Laws - Prohibition Against Smoking in Vehicle Containing Young Child
Prohibiting a driver of a motor vehicle in which a person who is under
the age of 8 is a passenger from smoking a tobacco product or allowing
a passenger to smoke in the motor vehicle; establishing a $50 fine for
a violation of the Act; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Mike Lenett, District 19
- Senator David C. Harrington, District 47
- Senator Verna L. Jones, District 44
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator C. Anthony Muse, District 26
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
- Senator James N. Robey, District 13
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Health -see also- Mental Health
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Smoking -see also- Cigarettes
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):