File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Senators Kelley, Conway, Forehand, Harrington, Jacobs, Kasemeyer, and Stone
Criminal Law - Electronic Harassment of a Minor
Prohibiting a person from making a specified electronic communication
with the intent to terrify, intimidate, or harass a minor, or threaten
to inflict injury or physical harm to a minor or property of the
minor; providing that a violation of the Act is a misdemeanor;
establishing penalties; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Delores G. Kelley, District 10
- Senator Joan Carter Conway, District 43
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator David C. Harrington, District 47
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer, District 12
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Computers -see also- Electronic Commerce; Electronic Govmnt.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):