File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 807/07 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Conway, Anderson, DeBoy, Kullen, McHale, Schuh, Sophocleus, and
Judgments - Appeals - Supersedeas Bond
Limiting to $100,000,000 the amount of a supersedeas bond required to
stay the enforcement of a judgment in favor of the plaintiffs in a
class action or an action by multiple plaintiffs, under specified
circumstances; providing for an exception; and applying the Act to all
civil actions pending on or filed on or after October 1, 2009.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Judiciary
- Hearing 3/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Norman H. Conway, District 38B
- Delegate Curt Anderson, District 43
- Delegate Steven J. DeBoy, Sr., District 12A
- Delegate Sue Kullen, District 27B
- Delegate Brian K. McHale, District 46
- Delegate Steven R. Schuh, District 31
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
- Delegate Michael H. Weir, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Appeals -see also- Judicial Review
- Bonds -see also- County & Baltimore City Bonds; State Bonds.
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):