File Code: Elections
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 971/08 - W&M
- Sponsored By:
Election Law - Public Campaign Financing Act for Candidates for the General
Establishing a system of public financing of campaigns for candidates
for the General Assembly; establishing an Election Financing
Commission; creating the Public Election Fund; requiring the
Comptroller to distribute specified proceeds to the Public Election
Fund; specifying procedures, requirements, and conditions
participating candidates must meet to receive a distribution from the
Fund; establishing specified public contribution amounts participating
candidates shall receive; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Ways and Means
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Abandoned Property
- Auditors and Audits
- Campaign Financing
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Committees and Commissions -see also- Political Committees
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Elections -see also- Ballots; Camp Financ; Pol Cands; Voting
- Electronic Government
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Income Tax
- Judicial Review -see also- Appeals
- Political Candidates
- Political Committees
- Political Parties
- Public Information
- Public Officials -see also- Atty Gen; Compt; Coun Admin; etc
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Rules and Regulations
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Commercial Law
- Election Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):