File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 105
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Valderrama, Barnes, Dumais, Frank, Kelly, Lee, McConkey, and
Criminal Law - Voluntary Manslaughter and Involuntary Manslaughter
Clarifying that the separate crimes of voluntary manslaughter and
involuntary manslaughter exist in the State; specifying that the
crimes retain their judicially determined meanings; providing for
specified penalties; and altering defined terms.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
- Delegate Kriselda Valderrama, District 26
- Delegate Ben Barnes, District 21
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate William J. Frank, District 42
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Tony McConkey, District 33A
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):