File Code: Taxes - Income
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Mizeur and Rosenberg
Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program - Exemption from Taxation
Providing a Maryland income tax subtraction modification for amounts
received by an individual under the Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance
Repayment Program; requiring the Maryland Higher Education Commission
to examine restructuring the Program as a program under which loans
qualifying for special federal income tax treatment would be made and
the indebtedness forgiven under circumstances so that the amount of
the indebtedness discharged would be excluded from gross income of the
recipient for federal income tax purposes; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Heather R. Mizeur, District 20
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Federal Government
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Higher Education Commission
- Income Tax
- Loans -see also- Mortgages
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):