File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Correctional Services - Diminution Credits - Educational Programs and Work
Reducing from 10 to 7 the number of days per calendar month that a
specified inmate shall be allowed as a deduction in advance from the
inmate's term of confinement; altering the number of days that a
specified inmate may earn as a deduction from the inmate's term of
confinement under specified circumstances; providing that a specified
inmate shall receive a specified deduction from the inmate's term of
confinement if the inmate obtains a specified diploma or degree; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Controlled Dangerous Substances -see also- Substance Abuse
- Correction, Division of
- Correctional Institutions -see also- Patuxent Institution
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Education -see also- Driver Ed; Higher Ed; Special Ed; etc
- Prisoners -see also- Ex-Offenders
- Rules and Regulations
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Work, Labor and Employment -see also- Col Barg; Holiday; etc
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Correctional Services
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):