File Code: Workers' Compensation
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 912
- Sponsored By:
Labor and Employment - Misclassification of Employees as Independent
Prohibiting employers from misclassifying employees as independent
contractors under specified circumstances; allowing the Commissioner
of Labor and Industry to investigate alleged employee
misclassification under specified circumstances; establishing
specified penalties that may be imposed in specified proceedings
relating to employment standards and conditions, workers'
compensation, unemployment insurance, and income tax payment and
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters Withdrawn
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorney General
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Committees and Commissions -see also- Political Committees
- Contractors -see also- Heating & Cooling; Home Improvement
- Contracts -see also- Land Installment Contracts; Procurement
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Income Tax
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Labor and Industry, Division of
- Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, Department of
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Workers` Compensation
- Work, Labor and Employment -see also- Col Barg; Holiday; etc
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Labor and Employment
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):