File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 255/08 - ENV
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Conaway, Kelly, and Rosenberg
Vehicle Laws - Emergency and Police Vehicle and Personnel Protection Act
Requiring drivers approaching emergency or police vehicles stopped,
standing, or parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except
when otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane
closest to the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances or to slow to a speed that is sufficient to ensure the
safety of police officers or emergency services personnel in the
vicinity of the emergency or the police vehicle under specified
circumstances; establishing a specified penalty; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Frank M. Conaway, Jr., District 40
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Rescue Squads -see also- Ambulances; Emergency Medical Serv.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Regulations
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):