File Code: Real Property
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 744/05 - ENV
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Weir and Boteler
Real Property - Residential Leases - Interest on Security Deposits
Altering, from 3 percent to the Federal Reserve discount rate as of
January 1 of each year, the annual interest rate paid on a security
deposit under a residential lease after the end of a tenancy;
altering, from 3 percent or the Federal Reserve discount rate,
whichever is less, as of January 1 of each year, the annual interest
rate paid on a security deposit prior to the termination of a tenancy;
and altering, from 6 months to 12 months, the interval at which
interest accrues on a security deposit under a residential lease.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Michael H. Weir, Jr., District 6
- Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Landlord and Tenant -see also- Eviction; Leases & Rent; etc.
- Leases and Rent
- Security Deposits
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):