File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Impallaria, Boteler, and McDonough
Courts - Death Penalty Court
Authorizing the General Assembly to create a Death Penalty Court that
shall have original and exclusive jurisdiction over all presentments
or indictments for offenses punishable by death; vesting the judicial
power of the State in the Death Penalty Court as the General Assembly
may create by law; providing that the judges of the Death Penalty
Court that may be created may not be elected by the voters in
Baltimore City and each county; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Rick Impallaria, District 7
- Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorney General
- Constitutional Amendments
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Death Penalty
- Elections -see also- Ballots; Camp Financ; Pol Cands; Voting
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - V Attorney-General and State's Attorneys
- Article - IV Judiciary Department
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):